Amaryllis
Amaryllis   House Keeping   Archives   IC Archives   Year 9 Archive    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Hello There, Guest!
or Register
IC News

June 27, 2024 Conflict and tensions rise as prides come head-to-head with one another across Amaryllis - just as Pyrrha and Cassius take the leap to try and claim (or reclaim) their own thrones.

May 24, 2024 Rulers continue to shift, family strife ensues, and, per usual, tensions seems taunt and always lingering on the horizon.

April 24, 2024 Things are rocky within Amaryllis as the Dieudonne clash result in three deaths and forces a shift in the rulership of Firnen Rainforest. With Caladan Cove freshly overturned as well, what will the consequenecss of these events be?

March 30, 2024 The lull has ended as a long standing family, the Dieudonné, launch death matches against their own. The Plains sees a challenge from a new comer, Aphrodite, and the quite pride is pushed into the spotlight.

March 19, 2024 A momentary lull has overtaken the lands of Amaryllis as its inhabitants attempt to find their footing and rebuild after a string of challenges. How long it will last, however, nobody can be quite sure.

February 11, 2024 The Mire has fallen from the Stärke family and is now held by Luther Rike. The change has stirred but the fighting nature of those on the island. The Brook finds a new leader with Icefang and Isla takes over the Lagoon after a storm pushes out the old leader. Reti finds himself the leader of the Hollows after Alexander is hurt. The Oasis finds a new leader in Léonie who is soon tested by Harou.

January 8, 2024 The snow has finally begun to melt anew, which means that the world is slowly returning to the much-anticipated summer season. With the various holiday activities and the other jests put on by Nafasi also coming to a close, it is safe to say that winter is finally over.

December 5th, 2023 Nafasi had pulled a cruel trick and has sent Amaryllis back into a renewed winter season! But it's not all bad, because the lands will also see a handful of holiday-themed events popping up as a result. To make things more interesting, a wayward trio of travlers have also arrived and are facilitating a mass competition between the prides, bands, and rogues -- formally dubbed the Amaryllis Winter Games.

December 2nd, 2023 The spring air brings forth a number of pride challenges. A familiar challenger for the Cove and the Oasis arrive to try to earn what they want. The new leader of the Lagoon is tested in battle as well. What changes will come from the challenges? Who will remain standing and who will find their world turned upside down?

November 27th, 2023 In a challenge between mother and daughter, the leadership of Wolfbron Bluff changes for the first time in 5 IC years.

November 22nd, 2023 Two death matches, one resurrection, and an almost-war later, the lands find themselves in a constant state of turmoil and calamity. Families have been torn apart and endless blood has been spilt; but how is it all going to end?

November 3rd, 2023 The lands stir violently as a death match rages on between Aeistrios Saxe and Morrigan Greyflood. Observers spill into the pit in droves to witness what will no doubt be a historic battle -- and it is clear that this familial fued is far from over, no matter who wins and who dies.

October 12th, 2023 With winter comes the surge of more pride challenges; Ludivine challenges Ryker for Firnen Rainforest and is victorious in her endeavors, meanwhile an outcropping of maims breaks out on the sidelines. In a shocking turn of events Luther returns to challenge Bruno for Ecrosia Mire, will the former heir prove victorious or has Bruno got what it takes to keep his brother's ambitions at bay? This has undoubtedly shaken things up as Bruno declares war against Andal Oasis and Allies in the process!

September 26th, 2023 A series of pride challenges spark up across the peninsula, while warring families face-off as tensions reach their boiling points. Anthonius Savante barely manages to escape the clutches of Apollinaire Dieudonne with his life, while death looms over the broken truce between the Valour-Greyflood and Saxe families.

September 4th, 2023 After Tinúviel collapsed at the Wolfbron Bluff's challenge, she was unable to make it back to the Lagoon to take up her leadership position again and the pride disbands. Diomedeidae & Cirilla fight for the pride.

August 28th, 2023 Both Amara and Morrigan keep their prides. Lachesis doesn't show to defend the Brook and Renfri takes over. The Wolfbron Bluffs challenge seems to be setting off fireworks already.

August 15th, 2023 The two longest standing female leaders are both fighting for their prides once again. Anthonius challenges Amara for the Bluffs. Amaroq challenges Morrigan for the Summit. A new leader faces his first challenge as Renfri challenges Lachesis for the Brook. Did anyone think that peace was something the island was able to have?

August 1st, 2023 Conflict, drama, love, and loss - the lands are never free from any of it for more than a fleeting moment. As the summer months wane on and the season nears its end, there is no telling what is coming next upon the horizon.

June 19th, 2023 With the rains leaving and spring upon the island, things are heating up among the lions. Bruno seeks to unseat his father in the Mire. Helah looks to dethrone Scorpius in the Oasis and keep the fire between the Bluffs and the Oasis alive. The Plains have raided the Brook and allies on both sides showed up to help.

May 23rd, 2023 All is fair in love and war - moments of chaos and peace lull in a cyclical nature across the lands of Amaryllis, though most are wise enough to know that the quiet never lasts quite long enough.

April 20th, 2023 Alexander manages to win the Hollows and Tiamat keeps the Lagoon. Vághan challenges Amara for the Bluffs but Amara is able to hold off another challenger and keeps the Bluffs. The Cove was hit by a storm that washed away it's leader leaving the lands open to be claimed by Nephthys and Keligan who both are attached to the land. Cirilla attempts to take the Oasis from Scorpius who seems driven to keep the land.

April 5th, 2023 It doesn't take long for the dust to kick up as the Hollows is challenged for by Alexander once again and the Lagoon is challenged for by Fernweh.

March 31st, 2023 As wars and challenges continue to break out across the lands, Amaryllis is certainly keeping up with its turbulent reputation. One can only hope that the dust will settle soon enough - for everyone's sake.

March 10th, 2023 The turbulance of the prides never ceases for very long, as a violent landslide forces the members of Firnen Rainforest to evacuate and disband. Who will step up for the throne this time around?

March 1st, 2023 While Gauthier manages to retain control of Caladan Cove, Lorien Plains' fate is not so simple. With Aeistrios overthrowing Violarum and taking the pride's throne, how will things unravel from here?

archive of old in-character news

OOC News

July 1, 2024 Our summer break is coming up soon! Learn more here!

June 27, 2024 The June Posting Raffle is coming to a close this weekend, so get your posts and ticket counts in!

May 28, 2024 Our June posting raffle is posted for sign ups! Sign up here. Be sure you vote for your favortie banner! Seasons banner contest voting!

May 23, 2024 The Guidebook has officially been updated with the new trade perks, as per the revamp. Please ensure that you are changing your trades or picking your perks from the pools (if applicable) in this thread.

April 19, 2024 We are entering the next phase of our trade perk revamp and testing with the launch of our soft opening, which includes the new perks going live and changes being able to be made to characters. Please read the thread in its entierty. Additionally, this is a reminder that you have until May 9th to exit your double exp threads!

April 01, 2024 Our Spring Update is a MASSIVE update! New trade perks are annouced, changes to leadership and prides, new ranks, and more! Be sure to read it over! After you are done, be sure to head to member testing to give the new trade perks a test drive!

March 19, 2024 With our site-wide double trade experience event now fully underway, the Admin team would like to bring our official 2024 Site Fundraiser to everyone's attention. We rely on our members to keep the site going, and are offering a wide range of gifts and prizes - please take a look!

March 1, 2024 Our double trade experience fundraiser is open for donations! Please read about the changes made for this time around.

February 13, 2024 It is time for our 2024 Community Check In. This survey covers OOC areas, IC areas, and a few other things that staff are looking to gain insight on. This is very important to us so please take the time to answer the questions. You have until March 11th to finish this survery. Once complete, you can claim an item from the shop or 150xp. More details are in the survey.

January 25, 2024 Site update! Please review some changes to the site here.

January 8, 2024 Happy New Year and welcome back from our site-wide break! We're looking forward to picking things back up, and hope that everyone feels refreshed.

December 2, 2023 Fa la la la la, la la la la! It's finally December, and we all know what that means — holiday events, woohoo! We will also be having a site break December 22nd - Jan 5th.

November 28, 2023 We are looking for input on the trade system revamp. Learn more about it and the raffle here!

October 26, 2023 We are looking for a few additional staff members to help with processing things around the sitd. Please apply if you have the time and are interested!!

October 19, 2023 A very important site update is out today, so please take a look and read through it in full.

October 11, 2023 If you weren't aware, we have an ongoing Halloween Event! The IC event is live as of today, and both that and the scavenger hunt will run until the end of the month.

September 26, 2023 There is less than a week left of our site-wide double exp event, so get in there and earn what you can! Also stay tuned for some fall fun coming to the site in October.

August 20th, 2023 Let's talk; Amaryllis does not condone the stealing of content or harrasment in any form.

August 10th, 2023 It's World Lion Day! That means a free character for all of our active members! Check out the details here.

August 1st, 2023 Our site break has officially ended - we hope that everyone enjoyed the downtime and that you are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Please refer to the original announcement for timelines to get caught up!

archive of old out-of-character news

-->

Character of the Month
Pair of the Month
Thread of the Month
Who's Who

Pride Challenges
Reti vs Ghyslaine for LP
Rank Challenges
None
Lioness or Cub Challenges
Velasco & Lathan vs. Karsa & Ghyslaine for Haipo
Draugr & Drena vs. Lagertha for Arduinna
Colson & Heloise vs. Freja & Lathan for Freja
Alaric vs. Melusina for Melusina
Dominance Matches
Vukasin vs Kaos for Dominance
Maim Matches
Icefang vs Cassandra for Major Maim
Arcania vs Asbjørn for Minor Maim
Morrigan vs Rainer for Major Maim
Hubert vs Saga for Major Maim
Grimm vs Zahra for Minor Maim
Diomedeidae vs Velasco for Minor Maim
Noemi vs Nikandr for Minor Maim
Teodora vs Lagertha for Minor Maim
Dominic vs Magdalena for Major Maim
Astarte vs Matthieu for Major Maim
Everick vs Nazara for Minor Maim
Karsus vs Zaahir for Minor Maim
Kovirah vs Vermier for Minor Maim
Reti vs Gauthier for Minor Maim
August Y12
Summer
The summer season has finally reached its peak. The sunshine is plentiful, the days are long and the air is hot and humid - but the evenings do not seem to provide the same relief that they once had, and remain somewhat stuffy. Thunderstorms have also began appearing more frequently, particularly in the rainforest and eastern region, though the rain is welcomed after a relatively dry season thus far.

Map & Calendar

Recent Posts

Outlaw Bands
outside the law

Site Time
The current time on Amaryllis is:

Credits
The bread and butter

All site-based items on Amaryllis are copywritten to the owners. Characters are copywritten and owned by their creators. Amaryllis is currently owned by Ice and Squid. Default skin coded by Dusk. Full credits here.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
mummy don't know daddy's getting hot
At the body shop, doing something unholy
Set right after this thread https://www.amaryllis-lions.com/showthre...?tid=15945 but before the Firnen claim

Tears soaked down the girls cheeks, she made no sound other than the quiet sniffles as she made her way to the den she shared with an apparent monster, according to her sister. She had stalked away after making sure her father was alright, anger and hurt on her usual happy face, her tail lashed behind her, she was angry, she was emotional. Once entering the den, she would go and lay down, knowing that right now, she wasn't not going to be able to speak without her voice breaking, not even a look was given to @Ryker, if he was in there.

A few sniffles could be heard as she curled into a ball, her shoulders shook slightly, it was obvious she was crying, though she tried her best to hide it. The usually flirtatious, happy girl hated others to see her break, she was used to being strong, and when she felt weak, it made her feel even worse. She'd fucked up with her entire family apparently, and being treated as a traitor felt like a hot iron stabbing her heart.
CODE BY CORVUS

This Character Is Rated Mature and May Have Posts That are Sensitive or Triggering for Some Readers. Trigger Warning for Gore, Blood, Vampire, Manipulation, Abuse, Sexual Themes, Creepiness, And Other Adult Themes

Lucky for her, he'd been outside the den, but not so far away he hadn't glimpsed her slinking inside. Honestly, if it had been someone else, he would have slipped away unnoticed to give them a wide berth until the crying stopped. He still considered it, actually. Emotions like anger were more his area of expertise; he'd never been all that comfortable around tears.

Eventually, curiosity won out. Someone had hurt her, and maybe that someone would be a convenient target for revenge and an opportunity to further impress the girl.

Cautiously, he poked his nose into the den, a brow arched and an expression of suitable concern fixed on his face. "Levana?" He even made sure to inject his voice with that thread of concern, and he gave himself a mental point for that.

@Levana
I'm a friend of the devil I'm a dangerous rebel
Fighting my way through the sins of the street I'm feeling psycho, psycho Where did my mind go? Biting my tongue and I'm loading my gun Back to the wind, better run, better run I'm feeling crazy, crazy Go 'head and make me It's the life that I can't escape, can't walk away There's blood in the ocean And I'm losing focus I'm a friend of the devil I'm a dangerous rebel
code by corvus

generally rated m for language and violence

Please @ my OOC account or tag me in Discord or I may never see your alert. I do not regularly check all my accounts for alerts.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 09:39 PM by Soul of Amaryllis.)
Anger was an easier emotion for the girl to slip into, it was the kind of emotion she wore as back up, always ready just in case her walls needed to be thrown up, but the lash out from Lilliana had gotten to her. Her twin, the only person who knew her best, who loved her unconditionally, and yet, she had been the first one to look at her as if she were a traitor.

His voice makes it's way to her, though muffled because of her being curled into a ball, head hidden and tucked, but her name coming from him, the one who Lilliana had apparently warned her about caused her to raise her head, wiping tears away before she looked to the male. A few sniffles gave away her attempt to look like she hadn't been crying, so she gives that up completely, and just goes for the elephant in the room, {My father was attacked by someone from Wolfbron, my sister thinks of me as a traitor, } even without saying it, she'd seen Lilis eyes, the glares, the accusatory tone, the rage in her sisters growl, {She warned me about you. That you were cruel, my family despises you.} She doesn't allow the accusatory tone like her sisters to lace into her tone, she allows the hurt she feels to seep into her voice, her eyes searching his face, {Are you a monster like they claim?} She asks, voice shaking, her breath baited, shakily she rose up to her haunches, ears pinned back.

**EDITED DUE TO COLOR CODE BREAKING TABLES**

This Character Is Rated Mature and May Have Posts That are Sensitive or Triggering for Some Readers. Trigger Warning for Gore, Blood, Vampire, Manipulation, Abuse, Sexual Themes, Creepiness, And Other Adult Themes

The other brow lifted to match its twin as she spoke. So, she'd reunited with more than just her father. Interesting. He didn't interrupt, simply seating himself at the mouth of the den without actually blocking it. Had she ever told him which one her father was? He knew Alexander was her uncle, which narrowed down the choices.

Could he be cruel? Yeah, he supposed so, with the right motivation. He didn't remember any recent instances of undeserved cruelty, though. His head tilted slightly as she continued, as if thinking it over, "Depends on what sort of monster they think I am, I guess." It was a wry comment, though a little flat, "I don't recall doing anything monstrous to any of them." It was good to know they still seemed to hold a grudge, and that it seemed to have seeped through the whole of the family. It did make him a bit curious why none of them had directly targeted him yet.

@Levana
Fighting my way through the sins of the street I'm feeling psycho, psycho Where did my mind go? Biting my tongue and I'm loading my gun Back to the wind, better run, better run I'm feeling crazy, crazy Go 'head and make me It's the life that I can't escape, can't walk away There's blood in the ocean And I'm losing focus I'm a friend of the devil I'm a dangerous rebel
code by corvus

Please @ my OOC account or tag me in Discord or I may never see your alert. I do not regularly check all my accounts for alerts.
i live inside my own world of make-believe
It's hard to breathe but that's alright, Hush
(keeping it vague due to unfinished thread)

Levana watched him, searching for the cruelty they spoke of, she shook as she tried to think of what to say, Bold Text hereMy aunt, great aunt, she came in, she made it clear if I chose you, I was no longer Savante. She felt her voice crack a little, they hadn't even wanted her side, they had just wanted another enemy made, Bold Text herewhat did you do to them? What could he have done to elicit such a response that they would threaten a youth of their own blood?

It was obvious, she was here, not back with them, her choice had been made before she'd even confronted him, the girl staggered a bit, the stress of this mess showing as she shoved herself forward, lunging and burying her face into his neck, instead of attacking she falls into his chest, unwilling to fall completely apart but unable to stand and not feel anything for any longer.
CODE BY CORVUS

[[referenced conflicts: here & here]]

"Well that seems a little extreme," he drawled, a half-mutter, though part of him was amused at the idea that they'd disown her over what he still saw as very small slights. Or, what they'd perceived as slights. Ryker, as far as he was concerned, had only ever been enforcing his own laws as any ruler should be expected to do.

What did he do to them? That was a fantastic question, actually.

There was the briefest tension in him when she moved, before he could recognize whether she was going on the attack or not, but he sighed as she pressed against him instead. "When I ruled Andal, I had laws against attacking allies, and laws governing how to get out of the pride." It seemed the best place to start, "You can't hold men over a year against their will," which seemed a bit sexist, actually, but such was the local culture, "but the women would need to find their own replacements, or petition for a trade, or fight their way out," he shrugged lightly, "pretty standard stuff, traditionally speaking."

"You need to know that to understand why, when I found Alexander and Anthonius fighting members of our allied pride at the passage, I ordered them to stand down." And, yeah, okay, he hadn't been nice about it, but he was rarely nice about much. And they'd stepped way over a line, anyway. "As Nobles of the Oasis, they were expected to uphold the laws, not blatantly break them." His tail flicked once in irritation, here, because he still didn't understand why they'd taken the positions if they couldn't adhere to his laws. They'd seemed like honorable men, and those types tended to like laws.

"Alexander backed off, but Anthonius didn't. There was an argument about claiming, because Ecrosia allows it and it wasn't our place to challenge them over it. Anthonius was stripped of his rank for defying direct orders. Alexander, pissed over my support of a claim - and, for the record, Andal allowed it, too, which he would have known - decided to pull his family from the Oasis." Seemed extreme, again, but maybe that should have been a clue to future actions. Maybe the whole of the family just dealt in extremes. All either-or, no middle grounds. Sounded exhausting, actually. "So I booted him and the men directly related to him, and under Andal law, the women would have had to negotiate or fight their own way out, or wait for the guys to challenge for them. They were never mistreated or imprisoned, their daily life didn't change in any way as far as Andal was concerned."

"After that, Alexander went and challenged for control of Obsidian Hollow, which is ruled by a relative of the dominant family here. Naturally, Wolfbron took offense, and targeted the Savante family as his obvious supporters and, thus, enemy of the bluffs. Apollinaire, the man you met here when we joined, attacked several himself." But he hadn't treated @Levana with any malice at all, had he. "He's proud, and protective, but not a monster either." Probably. Actually, Ryker didn't know that much about him. He really could be downright monstrous for all he knew, but the point was, he hadn't lashed out at her when he could have easily made the same assumptions about the girl as Ryker had when they first met, based entirely on appearance. The Savante weren't the only piebald enemies the bluffs had, after all. "The only thing I did to Alexander in that battle was stay on the sidelines and snark at him. At least none of my family or allies tried to squish a little cub as a threat." There was a thin rumble of a growl in that last bit, but there it was, his whole side of things. And he hadn't even lied, gold star for him.
code by corvus

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 12:29 AM by Levana.)
That wasn't even the extreme part, her eyes looked up at him, and finally she was able to speak as to why she was so shaken up, Bold Text hereI...Teodora... She looked like she wanted to kill me... She hissed/shakily spoke, her voice finally slipped, and for a second, the terror the girl had felt could be heard, but it was gone as quick as it came as she tried to steel herself.

She felt him tense and she has I just want to look around understood why, he was after all being confronted, though not as her family had done, she listened as he explained his side of things, he went into more details than just, they're this Cruel, monstrous, evil, terrible being, though no reasons are given, no details, just shortened versions. Instead of deeming her foolish, and childish, he spoke with a story, and gave it truth behind his words. Bold Text hereThe Savante are a proud family, our, they worship the mother, and our women are to be protected, kept safe. By keeping them, you stripped them of their ability to do that. She was not accusing him, she did not mean it as a slight, she was simply stating what could be a reason, maybe give him some insight.

It was exhausting honestly, the girl would agree with him if she could have heard his thoughts, and when he spoke of the challenge, and the man she'd met, however polite and courteous he was, hed apparently attacked multiple of her late family. But he put it into better light, but then the next sentence catches her attention and she leans back to look at him, her eyes widen but full of questions, Bold Text hereA cub...?

(Editing Due to Unfinished Thread)
CODE BY CORVUS

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2023, 10:44 PM by Ryker.)
There was a rumble of displeasure at the idea they might take her tongue for something so..., well, so honestly stupid. His ears pulled back, tail flicking once more, "There are healers that can manage wounds like that. You wouldn't have been left crippled." Or had they hoped he might toss her away if she came back to him broken? If it had happened when they firs met, maybe he would have, but he was beginning to actually enjoy her company for more than the vague idea that keeping her around might annoy her family. Turned out it did, actually, but that wasn't really the point of it all anymore.

If the Savante had traditions they held so highly, they probably should have mentioned them. At all. At any point. Even a hint. "Alexander knew my laws when he brought the bulk of his family into the pride, and not a single one of them saw fit to mention anything about your culture. They can blame me all they want, but I'm not the one that fucked up there." Ryker thought he'd been wildly tolerant of various cultures, personally. How many times had he sat, respectfully silent, without complaint or even being asked, while Iofiel took the time to thank his gods for a successful hunt? Every single hunt with the two of them involved. Ryker may not have believed in a higher power, but he couldn't disprove the existence either, and the time spent within Amaryllis had made him wonder a time or two. "What's funny is they may have actually fit in really well here if Alexander had done a bit of research and not attacked another Dieudonné pride." Okay, maybe, maybe not. They did seem a bit offended by the whole cannibal thing. As long as they weren't trying to nibble on him, Ryker didn't really care.

She leaned back, and he sighed again, "One of the cubs did that stupid thing cocky little cubs'll do and tried to confront Dragos. Who thought it'd be a great idea to pin the kid under a paw and threaten to kill him unless Wolfbron let his family leave without any further injury." He expected the kid had gotten an earful once the little family had made it home. "If he'd paid any attention to anything else, he might've noticed most his family was already leaving while he argued." He couldn't guess at what might have been going on in the man's head, but had believed, at the time, that Dragos would end the day a dead man if he'd killed the cub. "You can ask Tripfire or Pyracantha about it, they're the parents. Trip's a big red dude, our Lead Scout. Pyra's all shades of white, gold, and blue." If she needed anyone to back up the story, he had plenty of witnesses.

@Levana
code by corvus

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 12:32 AM by Levana.)
The girl felt her lip tremble as his rumble of displeasure rang through her, she flicked an ear listening, she felt her heart beat against her chest, there were a mix of emotions going through her and she didn't know how to unpack any of them. She'd never not had her family before, and yet, there was a good chance she'd be cursed, The Mark of Death was uncommon, rare even, it rarely happened, they'd never speak to her again, they'd never love her again..

She was starting to see his point, and could not really argue with him, she'd not been there, she'd not seen it, but at this point @Ryker was the only one giving her any kind of information. A small short escaped her as she thought of the Savante, with all their high and mighty attitudes coming and living peacefully in the bluffs. Bold Text hereAre the Savante known through Amaryllis now? She asked softly, they'd been here for a short time and if so many people didn't like them, maybe there was a reason for that. Maybe , just maybe, though they'd be blinded to it, they weren't the good guys they tried to be.

Dragos was always never thinking about his actions and trying to prove himself and those two things rarely ever got him the effect he wanted, though she couldn't blame him, or hate him for it. Her head shook a little though, as if for a moment she couldn't believe it, Bold Text hereA child? She knew the parents in question, well not knew them, but they were in the same pride, so she'd seen the parents and their children about. Bold Text hereThat child must have been what, three months when I first joined? The challenge happened right after or around that time.. Her eyebrows furrowed, her heart pulling, she didn't even have cubs yet, but the maternal instincts that had buried themselves in thousands of years ancestors stirred.
CODE BY CORVUS

Shoulders lifted in a shrug, "I dunno, but they made a real bad first enemy." They were at least known through the bluffs, but his social circle was a bit limited since the desert itself had turned against him. "I dunno if they thought they could just settle right in without a fuss, make or take a place of their own, or whatever, but Amaryllis is a land full to bursting with arrogant types who all think their family is the best - the strongest, the most right about everything." Savante, Dieudonné, Miroslav, those were the ones he'd dealt with personally, but he knew of others just from living in the lands so long. "But y'know blood family's not a choice, you can't help if your relatives are all assholes." And plenty went out and cobbled together their own new, better, families, anyway. Hell, maybe this was more of an opportunity than a punishment for her, in the long run.

He made a sort of noncommittal hum at the guess made toward the cub's age, "Couldn't say, I'm no good at judging cub ages, but he couldn't have been very old." Probably born shortly before the sandstorm and all that, but Ryker couldn't guess. He barely kept up with the cubs while he was in a pride beyond noting there were new tiny terrors to get underfoot. "I'm pretty confident Dragos might have died that day if he'd made good on his threat." There was a lot that had happened in the span of that challenge that could have gone differently, or not happened at all, if Alexander had found the patience or intelligence to just research his intended opponent a little. Ryker, personally, had delighted in seeing the wrath of the bluffs on display, because he liked the lions who lived there, and he liked Vermier despite the man's oddities and broken English, and he'd still been pretty annoyed at Alexander at the time.

@Levana
code by corvus