Amaryllis
Amaryllis   House Keeping   Archives   IC Archives   Year 11 Archive    And I'll wait for eternity

Hello There, Guest!
or Register
IC News

June 27, 2024 Conflict and tensions rise as prides come head-to-head with one another across Amaryllis - just as Pyrrha and Cassius take the leap to try and claim (or reclaim) their own thrones.

May 24, 2024 Rulers continue to shift, family strife ensues, and, per usual, tensions seems taunt and always lingering on the horizon.

April 24, 2024 Things are rocky within Amaryllis as the Dieudonne clash result in three deaths and forces a shift in the rulership of Firnen Rainforest. With Caladan Cove freshly overturned as well, what will the consequenecss of these events be?

March 30, 2024 The lull has ended as a long standing family, the Dieudonné, launch death matches against their own. The Plains sees a challenge from a new comer, Aphrodite, and the quite pride is pushed into the spotlight.

March 19, 2024 A momentary lull has overtaken the lands of Amaryllis as its inhabitants attempt to find their footing and rebuild after a string of challenges. How long it will last, however, nobody can be quite sure.

February 11, 2024 The Mire has fallen from the Stärke family and is now held by Luther Rike. The change has stirred but the fighting nature of those on the island. The Brook finds a new leader with Icefang and Isla takes over the Lagoon after a storm pushes out the old leader. Reti finds himself the leader of the Hollows after Alexander is hurt. The Oasis finds a new leader in Léonie who is soon tested by Harou.

January 8, 2024 The snow has finally begun to melt anew, which means that the world is slowly returning to the much-anticipated summer season. With the various holiday activities and the other jests put on by Nafasi also coming to a close, it is safe to say that winter is finally over.

December 5th, 2023 Nafasi had pulled a cruel trick and has sent Amaryllis back into a renewed winter season! But it's not all bad, because the lands will also see a handful of holiday-themed events popping up as a result. To make things more interesting, a wayward trio of travlers have also arrived and are facilitating a mass competition between the prides, bands, and rogues -- formally dubbed the Amaryllis Winter Games.

December 2nd, 2023 The spring air brings forth a number of pride challenges. A familiar challenger for the Cove and the Oasis arrive to try to earn what they want. The new leader of the Lagoon is tested in battle as well. What changes will come from the challenges? Who will remain standing and who will find their world turned upside down?

November 27th, 2023 In a challenge between mother and daughter, the leadership of Wolfbron Bluff changes for the first time in 5 IC years.

November 22nd, 2023 Two death matches, one resurrection, and an almost-war later, the lands find themselves in a constant state of turmoil and calamity. Families have been torn apart and endless blood has been spilt; but how is it all going to end?

November 3rd, 2023 The lands stir violently as a death match rages on between Aeistrios Saxe and Morrigan Greyflood. Observers spill into the pit in droves to witness what will no doubt be a historic battle -- and it is clear that this familial fued is far from over, no matter who wins and who dies.

October 12th, 2023 With winter comes the surge of more pride challenges; Ludivine challenges Ryker for Firnen Rainforest and is victorious in her endeavors, meanwhile an outcropping of maims breaks out on the sidelines. In a shocking turn of events Luther returns to challenge Bruno for Ecrosia Mire, will the former heir prove victorious or has Bruno got what it takes to keep his brother's ambitions at bay? This has undoubtedly shaken things up as Bruno declares war against Andal Oasis and Allies in the process!

September 26th, 2023 A series of pride challenges spark up across the peninsula, while warring families face-off as tensions reach their boiling points. Anthonius Savante barely manages to escape the clutches of Apollinaire Dieudonne with his life, while death looms over the broken truce between the Valour-Greyflood and Saxe families.

September 4th, 2023 After Tinúviel collapsed at the Wolfbron Bluff's challenge, she was unable to make it back to the Lagoon to take up her leadership position again and the pride disbands. Diomedeidae & Cirilla fight for the pride.

August 28th, 2023 Both Amara and Morrigan keep their prides. Lachesis doesn't show to defend the Brook and Renfri takes over. The Wolfbron Bluffs challenge seems to be setting off fireworks already.

August 15th, 2023 The two longest standing female leaders are both fighting for their prides once again. Anthonius challenges Amara for the Bluffs. Amaroq challenges Morrigan for the Summit. A new leader faces his first challenge as Renfri challenges Lachesis for the Brook. Did anyone think that peace was something the island was able to have?

August 1st, 2023 Conflict, drama, love, and loss - the lands are never free from any of it for more than a fleeting moment. As the summer months wane on and the season nears its end, there is no telling what is coming next upon the horizon.

June 19th, 2023 With the rains leaving and spring upon the island, things are heating up among the lions. Bruno seeks to unseat his father in the Mire. Helah looks to dethrone Scorpius in the Oasis and keep the fire between the Bluffs and the Oasis alive. The Plains have raided the Brook and allies on both sides showed up to help.

May 23rd, 2023 All is fair in love and war - moments of chaos and peace lull in a cyclical nature across the lands of Amaryllis, though most are wise enough to know that the quiet never lasts quite long enough.

April 20th, 2023 Alexander manages to win the Hollows and Tiamat keeps the Lagoon. Vághan challenges Amara for the Bluffs but Amara is able to hold off another challenger and keeps the Bluffs. The Cove was hit by a storm that washed away it's leader leaving the lands open to be claimed by Nephthys and Keligan who both are attached to the land. Cirilla attempts to take the Oasis from Scorpius who seems driven to keep the land.

April 5th, 2023 It doesn't take long for the dust to kick up as the Hollows is challenged for by Alexander once again and the Lagoon is challenged for by Fernweh.

March 31st, 2023 As wars and challenges continue to break out across the lands, Amaryllis is certainly keeping up with its turbulent reputation. One can only hope that the dust will settle soon enough - for everyone's sake.

March 10th, 2023 The turbulance of the prides never ceases for very long, as a violent landslide forces the members of Firnen Rainforest to evacuate and disband. Who will step up for the throne this time around?

March 1st, 2023 While Gauthier manages to retain control of Caladan Cove, Lorien Plains' fate is not so simple. With Aeistrios overthrowing Violarum and taking the pride's throne, how will things unravel from here?

archive of old in-character news

OOC News

July 1, 2024 Our summer break is coming up soon! Learn more here!

June 27, 2024 The June Posting Raffle is coming to a close this weekend, so get your posts and ticket counts in!

May 28, 2024 Our June posting raffle is posted for sign ups! Sign up here. Be sure you vote for your favortie banner! Seasons banner contest voting!

May 23, 2024 The Guidebook has officially been updated with the new trade perks, as per the revamp. Please ensure that you are changing your trades or picking your perks from the pools (if applicable) in this thread.

April 19, 2024 We are entering the next phase of our trade perk revamp and testing with the launch of our soft opening, which includes the new perks going live and changes being able to be made to characters. Please read the thread in its entierty. Additionally, this is a reminder that you have until May 9th to exit your double exp threads!

April 01, 2024 Our Spring Update is a MASSIVE update! New trade perks are annouced, changes to leadership and prides, new ranks, and more! Be sure to read it over! After you are done, be sure to head to member testing to give the new trade perks a test drive!

March 19, 2024 With our site-wide double trade experience event now fully underway, the Admin team would like to bring our official 2024 Site Fundraiser to everyone's attention. We rely on our members to keep the site going, and are offering a wide range of gifts and prizes - please take a look!

March 1, 2024 Our double trade experience fundraiser is open for donations! Please read about the changes made for this time around.

February 13, 2024 It is time for our 2024 Community Check In. This survey covers OOC areas, IC areas, and a few other things that staff are looking to gain insight on. This is very important to us so please take the time to answer the questions. You have until March 11th to finish this survery. Once complete, you can claim an item from the shop or 150xp. More details are in the survey.

January 25, 2024 Site update! Please review some changes to the site here.

January 8, 2024 Happy New Year and welcome back from our site-wide break! We're looking forward to picking things back up, and hope that everyone feels refreshed.

December 2, 2023 Fa la la la la, la la la la! It's finally December, and we all know what that means — holiday events, woohoo! We will also be having a site break December 22nd - Jan 5th.

November 28, 2023 We are looking for input on the trade system revamp. Learn more about it and the raffle here!

October 26, 2023 We are looking for a few additional staff members to help with processing things around the sitd. Please apply if you have the time and are interested!!

October 19, 2023 A very important site update is out today, so please take a look and read through it in full.

October 11, 2023 If you weren't aware, we have an ongoing Halloween Event! The IC event is live as of today, and both that and the scavenger hunt will run until the end of the month.

September 26, 2023 There is less than a week left of our site-wide double exp event, so get in there and earn what you can! Also stay tuned for some fall fun coming to the site in October.

August 20th, 2023 Let's talk; Amaryllis does not condone the stealing of content or harrasment in any form.

August 10th, 2023 It's World Lion Day! That means a free character for all of our active members! Check out the details here.

August 1st, 2023 Our site break has officially ended - we hope that everyone enjoyed the downtime and that you are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Please refer to the original announcement for timelines to get caught up!

archive of old out-of-character news

-->

Character of the Month
Pair of the Month
Thread of the Month
Who's Who

Pride Challenges
Reti vs Ghyslaine for LP
Cassius vs Isla for SL
Rank Challenges
Karsa vs ??? for OH Heir
Lioness or Cub Challenges
Velasco & Lathan vs. Karsa & Ghyslaine for Haipo
Draugr & Drena vs. Lagertha for Arduinna
Colson & Heloise vs. Freja & Lathan for Freja
Alaric vs. Melusina for Melusina
Dominance Matches
Vukasin vs Kaos for Dominance
Maim Matches
Icefang vs Cassandra for Major Maim
Arcania vs Asbjørn for Minor Maim
Morrigan vs Rainer for Major Maim
Hubert vs Saga for Major Maim
Grimm vs Zahra for Minor Maim
Diomedeidae vs Velasco for Minor Maim
Noemi vs Nikandr for Minor Maim
Teodora vs Lagertha for Minor Maim
Dominic vs Magdalena for Major Maim
Astarte vs Matthieu for Major Maim
Everick vs Nazara for Minor Maim
Karsus vs Zaahir for Minor Maim
Kovirah vs Vermier for Minor Maim
Reti vs Gauthier for Minor Maim
Death Matches
Harou vs Scorpius
August Y12
Summer
The summer season has finally reached its peak. The sunshine is plentiful, the days are long and the air is hot and humid - but the evenings do not seem to provide the same relief that they once had, and remain somewhat stuffy. Thunderstorms have also began appearing more frequently, particularly in the rainforest and eastern region, though the rain is welcomed after a relatively dry season thus far.

Map & Calendar

Recent Posts

Outlaw Bands
outside the law

Site Time
The current time on Amaryllis is:

Credits
The bread and butter

All site-based items on Amaryllis are copywritten to the owners. Characters are copywritten and owned by their creators. Amaryllis is currently owned by Ice and Squid. Default skin coded by Dusk. Full credits here.

And I'll wait for eternity

I put my armor on, show you how strong I am
Yet again so much had been happening at once and the pale warrior queen found herself torn between so many things. But there was one thing she'd felt more sure of as time had passed. The one thing that just...made sense. In all the chaos raging around them, there was that one little thing that remained unchanged.

As the day began to fade, she had been pacing at the shore for a while already. Was this really the best idea? Especially now? Part of her mind was just all too convinced that this should remain unspoken. But she didn't want to spend another day without at least trying to speak of it. No secrets. After yet another moment of pacing and staring out at the sea, she turned and softly called for @Sunder.

And once the floppy eared queen had joined her, she'd aim to lead her to the high cliff from where they could see the sky burn with the fires of the setting sun as it sank beneath the sea.
code by flea, art by irish

The voice that summoned her was one she had not heard in quite a while. She and @Lagertha had a strong friendship, it was not one that needed to be coddled. They could go ages without speaking to one another but would not miss a beat the very next moment they were together again. With her returned title of Queen Sunder was feeling more confident, and of course had settled back into her role with ease. It was where she was meant to be and now that her youngest brood were nearing half a year of life it was time for her to go back to her former duties. She would be a housewife no longer, not when there was war on their horizons. She made her way across the beach, finding Lagertha waiting for her along the shoreline. "Lagertha, now there's a face I never get tired of seeing." She mused with ease as she brings herself to her friend's side. She bumps her head against her's affectionately, a low purr rumbling in her throat before she'd take a seat alongside her. Her icy gaze would glance outward towards the expanse of the sea and the setting sun in it's wake. This was also a sight she'd never get tired of seeing. The Cove was extraordinarily beautiful during this time. "You seem like you've got something on your mind?" She'd prod lightly, returning her gaze back to her friend as she waited.

art by hush

Sunder is a primary character
She can be discussed in OOC settings.
Please ping for replies after 7 days!

No matter the time that had passed, when they found a moment for each other it was always like no time had passed at all. A blessing in its own way. For it was proof that some bonds truly were stronger than others, ran deeper. And while she'd cared for the pride in her own way, representing them whenever a chance revealed itself to recruit new members, patrolling the borders, hunting, she was still glad that things in their little home had been relatively safe.

"I could say the same about you," she spoke lowly. A moment of gentle affection was shared, a soft purr vibrating in her throat in response. But then she settled next to her, emerald gaze lingering on the horizon, watching the fire of the setting sun glitter over the waves as they crashed onto the shore. True beauty, and it was all theirs. After a moment of silence, the pale furred warrior queen turned to face her friend. "I do." Lagertha exhaled softly, but gave @Sunder a small smile. "I...have to admit that for a time, I have not been....honest with you. And it has been weighing on me. But I would like to change that now, if you'll allow."

"I could say the same about you." @Lagertha speaks and Sunder chuckles, she was always far too kind to her. After everything Lagertha had witnessed, had been through right alongside her, she was amazed the woman was still here. Her gaze would settle on Lagertha's face, waiting and wondering what was bothering her. She'd never actually seen Lagertha this nervous before, it was a bit unsettling. "I do. I...have to admit that for a time, I have not been....honest with you. And it has been weighing on me. But I would like to change that now, if you'll allow." She cocks her head slightly, her flopped ears preening forward delicately. "Well, do share Gertha.. Gosh you are acting like you killed someone or something.." She pauses to get a good look at her, "You haven't killed anyone right?" She says with a soft laugh, surely that wasn't what was on her mind. Even if she had killed someone, Sunder would obviously help her hide the body. That's what bestfriends do, that's what they are there for.

art by hush

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 01:11 PM by Lagertha.)

Through everything the lands had thrown at them, they'd stood together, faced it all together. The good times and the bad. No matter what came, together they'd faced any storm. And she knew that no matter the outcome of this day, it was what they'd continue to do. And still, this one thing. It made her heart race like nothing else. She didn't fear the answer. Well, not entirely at least. But what she did fear was that it would change everything, even if they'd continue to face the days together. That it would...create a rift between them.

Exhaling a soft breath, her ears laced back ever so slightly. "You haven't killed anyone right?" Those words alone, despite a soft jest, caused the pale lioness to let out a soft snort. "If I did...well, then I'd be acting a lot different." She couldn't help but chuckle a little. "But this...this is something different." Maybe if she'd have killed someone, it would be easier to say. Maybe then she wouldn't be so nervous.

"When I first came to the Cove, I wasn't really too sure of anything. I wasn't even sure if I was ready to leave my old life behind. But it all came so...easily. And you've always been there. No matter what we went through, we always had each other. And I don't want that to change...ever." At first she was rambling, practically tripping over her words to get them out before she changed her mind about finally telling her. Though eventually her gaze returned to the horizon. "The bond we have...it means a lot to me. But I've also had time to think...and I can't believe I was so blind to it before. At least to me...our bond will never change, no matter how this goes. But it doesn't feel right to keep this from you...feels like I'm lying to you." Shifting ever so slightly, she peered at @Sunder from the corner of her eyes. "What I feel for you...it goes beyond friendship. Beyond anything I've ever felt. And...I'll understand if you want me to keep my distance, because of course you have Kvare and the children and I'd never want to get in the way of what you have and deserve. But I wanted you to know how much you really mean to me."

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 01:13 PM by Sunder.)
Her ears were preened forward gently and Sunder waited quietly for @Lagertha to speak. She could see the nervousness etched across her face, Sunder had always been able to read the woman like a book. "Breathe gertha." She would say quietly, whatever it was, whatever Lagertha needed to share, it would be okay. "If I did...well, then I'd be acting a lot different. But this...this is something different." She would stare curiously, what on earth could have her in such a tense state then? Perhaps it was something that she had done, instead of assuming that Lagertha had done something.

"The bond we have...it means a lot to me. But I've also had time to think...and I can't believe I was so blind to it before. At least to me...our bond will never change, no matter how this goes. But it doesn't feel right to keep this from you...feels like I'm lying to you. What I feel for you...it goes beyond friendship. Beyond anything I've ever felt. And...I'll understand if you want me to keep my distance, because of course you have Kvare and the children and I'd never want to get in the way of what you have and deserve. But I wanted you to know how much you really mean to me." For a moment Sunder sits in silence, allowing her words to sink in. And then she thought back, maybe those few moments with shared glances and delicate touches were more than what met the eye. Sunder had never assumed that Lagertha had feelings for her, she had always assumed that Lagertha loved Keligan. That she loved her like a sister and nothing more. But then she wondered, could she do this? Would she want to put their friendship on the line? "Lagertha.." She says quietly, finally allowing that ice blue gaze of her's to rest on her friend's face. "Kvare .. Kvare cheated on me. While I was still pregnant with the children. I know now is the worst time ever to tell you about this but, I've been holding on to this.. anyways .. He doesn't have a say in my relationships, at least not the ones with women." Her lips turn upward in a wry smile then, "I'm only upset that you didn't tell me sooner. That perhaps you didn't feel like you could?" She steps forward then, closing the distance between them with ease. "Thank you.. for loving me despite all that we've been through. And .. loving you is as easy as breathing. Let me love you." She says softly before she'd reach outward, pulling her friend closer before she'd plant her lips against her own. The kiss started soft, gentle, but would move into something more hungry, wanting.

art by hush

For a moment there was silence and she felt her heart racing in her chest. Was she a fool for speaking of her own feelings or had she been a fool for not recognizing how she felt earlier? But she'd taken a leap and was prepared to accept any outcome.

Could @Sunder hear the way her heart was pounding in her chest? It felt so loud in the silence. What a strange thing hearts were. There had been a bond with Keligan, but the one who had truly touched her heart was Sunder. And all this time, Lagertha hadn't understood what her own heart was telling her. They'd been so close from the moment they met, and still she took so long to realize that it was the floppy eared lioness who had truly been her light in the dark. Through pain and heartbreak, they found comfort in each other.

Her mind and heart were racing, but the first words Sunder spoke...they echoed in her mind. "Kvare cheated on me." A faint growl slipped past her lips and her ears laced back. "Sunder....telling me what's bothering your heart and mind never comes at a wrong time. You can always talk to me...that will never change." Though she certainly could sound different, be different, with her...with her she couldn't help the softness that crept into her tone. "He shouldn't have betrayed you like that. Not after everything that happened before. And to do it during such a time...it's just so wrong of him." Her voice trailed off and she felt herself relaxing a little, closing the distance between them just as Sunder did. "I...was a fool for not understanding it sooner. It took me so long to realize what my heart already knew." "And...loving you is as easy as breathing." Just a few words, but they changed everything. "You've always been my light, my Sun and Stars," she whispered softly before their lips met in a kiss that couldn't have been more sweet. Conveying what words never could as they found each other with such overwhelming urgency. Soft paws drew her floppy eared queen closer as the pale furred warrior queen allowed herself to give in, to fully give herself to the love she'd held so dear for so long.

"Sunder....telling me what's bothering your heart and mind never comes at a wrong time. You can always talk to me...that will never change. He shouldn't have betrayed you like that. Not after everything that happened before. And to do it during such a time...it's just so wrong of him." @Lagertha's reaction was enough to make Sunder think that she had been justified when she attacked Kvare for his actions. "Well, he's a man. Can we really expect otherwise? And that was my karma for what I did to Keligan..." She says it softly, trying to avoid thinking about those times in particular. "Kvare and I don't have a traditional marriage, that much is obvious. I just need him to be honest with me and I need to be honest with him. So, I'm going to tell him about our relationship. Because, if we are going to do this.. then I want you to be my wife. I want you to take the Tollaire name." She says to her carefully, waiting for her reaction. "You've always been my light, my Sun and Stars." There is a warm smile on her face as she rumbles a purr of appreciation against Lagertha before turning her attention back to the setting sun. She waited for her answer, hoping in the least that she would say yes.

art by hush

No more words were needed. All too well did she remember the mess they had found themselves in before. But she too didn't wish to linger on such thoughts, for they had the future to look into. The present to live, a future to shape. And what a future it would be.

While she listened, she took to softly grooming @Sunder's ear and neck, leaving the softest of nips and nibbles in gentle, loving affection. Honesty, something that could avoid heartache, yet could also be the cause of it if it came too late. And for all the pain she too had suffered, the scarred warrior queen knew that this would be different. "Then with honesty, we will share our hearts. Because you've always been in mine." Her words were gentle, the soft tone reserved for those truly dearest to her heart. Though she tried to disguise the subtle shift in her tone, caused by the flutter of her heart. A lover, that was what she would have expected. But a wife? She felt speechless as her heart raced in her chest. For a moment she let the silence linger, turning her gaze to the sky. The fires of the setting sun danced in her eyes, creating emerald flames. But a shift in gathering clouds bathed the two of them in the warm, fiery light as if the gods themselves had chosen to bless their bond.

Perked ears preened forward as her gaze seemed to be looked onto something beyond sight with a reverence she'd never displayed when she was with another. A single paw remained lifted as she stood, her head shifting just slightly to nudge her love to stand with her under the gaze of her gods. "I will be yours and you will be mine. In every way two hearts can be bound. Min kärlek, mitt hjärta." My love, my heart. As she spoke, her voice was still as soft and loving as it had been, yet it carried a power she rarely showed anyone, powerful, confident, a queen even without a throne or crown. "And for as long as I stand, I will be your sword and shield. I will be your wife." Emerald gaze turned from the skies to land on her gorgeous queen, so full of love and pride. "The gods bless us."

"Then with honesty, we will share our hearts. Because you've always been in mine." Sunder couldn't help the warm smile that took place on her features, maybe she had known all this time that Lagertha meant more to her then just a friend, maybe she had known and just ignored it because she didn't want to hurt her. But now that things were out there in the open, she felt as though honesty was the only thing that could be offered. "I will be yours and you will be mine. In every way two hearts can be bound. Min kärlek, mitt hjärta. "And for as long as I stand, I will be your sword and shield. I will be your wife. The gods bless us." Sunder smiled then, offering her another chaste kiss before she'd pull back, she had to be fully honest with Lagertha. She never wanted to keep anything from her and knew that honesty was the best thing she could give her. "You should know something Gertha.. there was a woman who washed up on our shores, Zabrina. I asked her to be my wife. I see so much potential in her, like a diamond in the rough. I'm not asking you to love her too, I'm just asking that you be patient with me while I test these waters." She pauses, knowing that this could potentially ruin what had begun to bud between them, but trusting that Lagertha would trust in her. "You don't need to take her as a wife, I just .. I cannot help who I am. I was restrained for so long in my old life. Now that I've been really freed from my past.. I want to explore whatever love comes my way with open arms. I would never do anything to hurt either of you, or Kvare for that matter." She says to her then, hesitating, waiting for her reaction.

art by hush