Amaryllis

Hello There, Guest!
or Register
IC News

June 27, 2024 Conflict and tensions rise as prides come head-to-head with one another across Amaryllis - just as Pyrrha and Cassius take the leap to try and claim (or reclaim) their own thrones.

May 24, 2024 Rulers continue to shift, family strife ensues, and, per usual, tensions seems taunt and always lingering on the horizon.

April 24, 2024 Things are rocky within Amaryllis as the Dieudonne clash result in three deaths and forces a shift in the rulership of Firnen Rainforest. With Caladan Cove freshly overturned as well, what will the consequenecss of these events be?

March 30, 2024 The lull has ended as a long standing family, the Dieudonné, launch death matches against their own. The Plains sees a challenge from a new comer, Aphrodite, and the quite pride is pushed into the spotlight.

March 19, 2024 A momentary lull has overtaken the lands of Amaryllis as its inhabitants attempt to find their footing and rebuild after a string of challenges. How long it will last, however, nobody can be quite sure.

February 11, 2024 The Mire has fallen from the Stärke family and is now held by Luther Rike. The change has stirred but the fighting nature of those on the island. The Brook finds a new leader with Icefang and Isla takes over the Lagoon after a storm pushes out the old leader. Reti finds himself the leader of the Hollows after Alexander is hurt. The Oasis finds a new leader in Léonie who is soon tested by Harou.

January 8, 2024 The snow has finally begun to melt anew, which means that the world is slowly returning to the much-anticipated summer season. With the various holiday activities and the other jests put on by Nafasi also coming to a close, it is safe to say that winter is finally over.

December 5th, 2023 Nafasi had pulled a cruel trick and has sent Amaryllis back into a renewed winter season! But it's not all bad, because the lands will also see a handful of holiday-themed events popping up as a result. To make things more interesting, a wayward trio of travlers have also arrived and are facilitating a mass competition between the prides, bands, and rogues -- formally dubbed the Amaryllis Winter Games.

December 2nd, 2023 The spring air brings forth a number of pride challenges. A familiar challenger for the Cove and the Oasis arrive to try to earn what they want. The new leader of the Lagoon is tested in battle as well. What changes will come from the challenges? Who will remain standing and who will find their world turned upside down?

November 27th, 2023 In a challenge between mother and daughter, the leadership of Wolfbron Bluff changes for the first time in 5 IC years.

November 22nd, 2023 Two death matches, one resurrection, and an almost-war later, the lands find themselves in a constant state of turmoil and calamity. Families have been torn apart and endless blood has been spilt; but how is it all going to end?

November 3rd, 2023 The lands stir violently as a death match rages on between Aeistrios Saxe and Morrigan Greyflood. Observers spill into the pit in droves to witness what will no doubt be a historic battle -- and it is clear that this familial fued is far from over, no matter who wins and who dies.

October 12th, 2023 With winter comes the surge of more pride challenges; Ludivine challenges Ryker for Firnen Rainforest and is victorious in her endeavors, meanwhile an outcropping of maims breaks out on the sidelines. In a shocking turn of events Luther returns to challenge Bruno for Ecrosia Mire, will the former heir prove victorious or has Bruno got what it takes to keep his brother's ambitions at bay? This has undoubtedly shaken things up as Bruno declares war against Andal Oasis and Allies in the process!

September 26th, 2023 A series of pride challenges spark up across the peninsula, while warring families face-off as tensions reach their boiling points. Anthonius Savante barely manages to escape the clutches of Apollinaire Dieudonne with his life, while death looms over the broken truce between the Valour-Greyflood and Saxe families.

September 4th, 2023 After Tinúviel collapsed at the Wolfbron Bluff's challenge, she was unable to make it back to the Lagoon to take up her leadership position again and the pride disbands. Diomedeidae & Cirilla fight for the pride.

August 28th, 2023 Both Amara and Morrigan keep their prides. Lachesis doesn't show to defend the Brook and Renfri takes over. The Wolfbron Bluffs challenge seems to be setting off fireworks already.

August 15th, 2023 The two longest standing female leaders are both fighting for their prides once again. Anthonius challenges Amara for the Bluffs. Amaroq challenges Morrigan for the Summit. A new leader faces his first challenge as Renfri challenges Lachesis for the Brook. Did anyone think that peace was something the island was able to have?

August 1st, 2023 Conflict, drama, love, and loss - the lands are never free from any of it for more than a fleeting moment. As the summer months wane on and the season nears its end, there is no telling what is coming next upon the horizon.

June 19th, 2023 With the rains leaving and spring upon the island, things are heating up among the lions. Bruno seeks to unseat his father in the Mire. Helah looks to dethrone Scorpius in the Oasis and keep the fire between the Bluffs and the Oasis alive. The Plains have raided the Brook and allies on both sides showed up to help.

May 23rd, 2023 All is fair in love and war - moments of chaos and peace lull in a cyclical nature across the lands of Amaryllis, though most are wise enough to know that the quiet never lasts quite long enough.

April 20th, 2023 Alexander manages to win the Hollows and Tiamat keeps the Lagoon. Vághan challenges Amara for the Bluffs but Amara is able to hold off another challenger and keeps the Bluffs. The Cove was hit by a storm that washed away it's leader leaving the lands open to be claimed by Nephthys and Keligan who both are attached to the land. Cirilla attempts to take the Oasis from Scorpius who seems driven to keep the land.

April 5th, 2023 It doesn't take long for the dust to kick up as the Hollows is challenged for by Alexander once again and the Lagoon is challenged for by Fernweh.

March 31st, 2023 As wars and challenges continue to break out across the lands, Amaryllis is certainly keeping up with its turbulent reputation. One can only hope that the dust will settle soon enough - for everyone's sake.

March 10th, 2023 The turbulance of the prides never ceases for very long, as a violent landslide forces the members of Firnen Rainforest to evacuate and disband. Who will step up for the throne this time around?

March 1st, 2023 While Gauthier manages to retain control of Caladan Cove, Lorien Plains' fate is not so simple. With Aeistrios overthrowing Violarum and taking the pride's throne, how will things unravel from here?

archive of old in-character news

OOC News

July 1, 2024 Our summer break is coming up soon! Learn more here!

June 27, 2024 The June Posting Raffle is coming to a close this weekend, so get your posts and ticket counts in!

May 28, 2024 Our June posting raffle is posted for sign ups! Sign up here. Be sure you vote for your favortie banner! Seasons banner contest voting!

May 23, 2024 The Guidebook has officially been updated with the new trade perks, as per the revamp. Please ensure that you are changing your trades or picking your perks from the pools (if applicable) in this thread.

April 19, 2024 We are entering the next phase of our trade perk revamp and testing with the launch of our soft opening, which includes the new perks going live and changes being able to be made to characters. Please read the thread in its entierty. Additionally, this is a reminder that you have until May 9th to exit your double exp threads!

April 01, 2024 Our Spring Update is a MASSIVE update! New trade perks are annouced, changes to leadership and prides, new ranks, and more! Be sure to read it over! After you are done, be sure to head to member testing to give the new trade perks a test drive!

March 19, 2024 With our site-wide double trade experience event now fully underway, the Admin team would like to bring our official 2024 Site Fundraiser to everyone's attention. We rely on our members to keep the site going, and are offering a wide range of gifts and prizes - please take a look!

March 1, 2024 Our double trade experience fundraiser is open for donations! Please read about the changes made for this time around.

February 13, 2024 It is time for our 2024 Community Check In. This survey covers OOC areas, IC areas, and a few other things that staff are looking to gain insight on. This is very important to us so please take the time to answer the questions. You have until March 11th to finish this survery. Once complete, you can claim an item from the shop or 150xp. More details are in the survey.

January 25, 2024 Site update! Please review some changes to the site here.

January 8, 2024 Happy New Year and welcome back from our site-wide break! We're looking forward to picking things back up, and hope that everyone feels refreshed.

December 2, 2023 Fa la la la la, la la la la! It's finally December, and we all know what that means — holiday events, woohoo! We will also be having a site break December 22nd - Jan 5th.

November 28, 2023 We are looking for input on the trade system revamp. Learn more about it and the raffle here!

October 26, 2023 We are looking for a few additional staff members to help with processing things around the sitd. Please apply if you have the time and are interested!!

October 19, 2023 A very important site update is out today, so please take a look and read through it in full.

October 11, 2023 If you weren't aware, we have an ongoing Halloween Event! The IC event is live as of today, and both that and the scavenger hunt will run until the end of the month.

September 26, 2023 There is less than a week left of our site-wide double exp event, so get in there and earn what you can! Also stay tuned for some fall fun coming to the site in October.

August 20th, 2023 Let's talk; Amaryllis does not condone the stealing of content or harrasment in any form.

August 10th, 2023 It's World Lion Day! That means a free character for all of our active members! Check out the details here.

August 1st, 2023 Our site break has officially ended - we hope that everyone enjoyed the downtime and that you are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Please refer to the original announcement for timelines to get caught up!

archive of old out-of-character news

-->

Character of the Month
Pair of the Month
Thread of the Month
Who's Who

Pride Challenges
Reti vs Ghyslaine for LP
Rank Challenges
None
Lioness or Cub Challenges
Velasco & Lathan vs. Karsa & Ghyslaine for Haipo
Draugr & Drena vs. Lagertha for Arduinna
Colson & Heloise vs. Freja & Lathan for Freja
Alaric vs. Melusina for Melusina
Dominance Matches
Vukasin vs Kaos for Dominance
Maim Matches
Icefang vs Cassandra for Major Maim
Arcania vs Asbjørn for Minor Maim
Morrigan vs Rainer for Major Maim
Hubert vs Saga for Major Maim
Grimm vs Zahra for Minor Maim
Diomedeidae vs Velasco for Minor Maim
Noemi vs Nikandr for Minor Maim
Teodora vs Lagertha for Minor Maim
Dominic vs Magdalena for Major Maim
Astarte vs Matthieu for Major Maim
Everick vs Nazara for Minor Maim
Karsus vs Zaahir for Minor Maim
Kovirah vs Vermier for Minor Maim
Reti vs Gauthier for Minor Maim
August Y12
Summer
The summer season has finally reached its peak. The sunshine is plentiful, the days are long and the air is hot and humid - but the evenings do not seem to provide the same relief that they once had, and remain somewhat stuffy. Thunderstorms have also began appearing more frequently, particularly in the rainforest and eastern region, though the rain is welcomed after a relatively dry season thus far.

Map & Calendar

Recent Posts

Outlaw Bands
outside the law

Site Time
The current time on Amaryllis is:

Credits
The bread and butter

All site-based items on Amaryllis are copywritten to the owners. Characters are copywritten and owned by their creators. Amaryllis is currently owned by Ice and Squid. Default skin coded by Dusk. Full credits here.

Movin on Up
Haniel Kader
Boys workin' on empty. Is that the kinda way to face the burnin' heat? I just think about my baby, I’m so full of love I can barely eat.
Well, he supposed it was time to reveal his plans to leave to Iofiel. He didn’t really feel the need to seek approval from Diuris, but supposed he would anyways. No reason to alarm him by up and disappearing. He walked to the male’s den, sitting by the opening and chuffing quietly. It was early evening, but hey, no need to wake him up. It could wait until morning, he supposed.

Haniel had felt sort of... guilty. After his fling with Fíonn. But the dumb Napoleon couldn’t put it together. He’d thought of Iofiel immediately after. Though he was certain it was because he was worried what would happen if he found out. The whole reason he’d laid with Fíonn was to get a leg up in his pride. Yes, he was attractive but... well. Iofiel couldn’t know about it. So he hoped Fíonn didn’t flirt with him or something when they came to his borders. It would be awkward and he’d have to come out and... he sighed as he waited.

@Iofiel
code by corvus
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 10:29 AM by Iofiel.)
Prince of Law

Haniel had been missing. He noticed it with an intense ache. It felt like when he had been run out of his desert home. But it wasn't his place to say anything. He was a nobody, a nothing. Haniel could go anywhere he pleased and associate with whomever he liked. It had been wrong of him to assume that the peach lion would want to spend a portion of his time with him. And so Iofiel busied himself with what he always did. He studied the plant life growing in the space he occupied. He hadn't taken a true den, that was for members, but had chosen a spot in an alcove near some trees.

Crimson gaze had been turned towards a bit of plant that he was puzzling over. He didn't know if there was purpose other than ornamentation. After all this place was full of greenery unlike the desert. Desert plants had purpose but not everything in the Lagoon seemed to have that.

The pale lion glanced over at the chuffing noise that happened behind him. His heart leapt and lodged in his throat and gaze quickly dropped to the ground after seeing whom was there. "Haniel, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Formality laced his words as he found himself suddenly unable to relax. Haniel had assured him that they were still friends but there was still so much unspoken between them. So much had happened and erased the ease of having been cubs together. Too many responsibilities as an adult, to many lesson learned about how someone like him was meant to act around someone like Haniel.

Iofiel typically wears a neutral expression and rarely shows emotion. He is soft spoken but has a deep voice when he speaks. He is especially shy and quiet around those he finds attractive.
Haniel Kader
Boys workin' on empty. Is that the kinda way to face the burnin' heat? I just think about my baby, I’m so full of love I can barely eat.
Ah, there it was. The gaze dropping to the ground, as always. It had been quite a while since he’d seen Iofiel’s gaze upon his face. He sort of missed it. But perhaps he had made that up. All the cubs had been taught to keep their eyes from him unless they were of higher ranking. Even sometimes the nobles kids were chastised for meeting his gaze. He shook the idea from his mind and focused on Iofiel.

“I uhm...” he paused, trying to think how to word this, “I got accepted as a Barony in the Oasis pride.” It sort of blurted out of him, and he sighed then, “I became friend... acquaintances? With the King and he offered me the rank so... I wanted to know if you’d like to join me there?” Han paused, “but uh! Don’t feel obligated to. I just know you were interested so... I tried to secure us a good standing there.” He explained, falling silent again. Offering Iofiel a somewhat sheepish smile. Barony was much lower rank but also much less responsibility than he was used to. It was sort of nice.

“If you do go... I’ll try and make a case for you to get a rank... perhaps you could be the other Barony beside me? But we’ll have to see.”

@Iofiel
code by corvus
Prince of Law

So Haniel had been at the Oasis. He had thought the other didn't wish to return to the desert. Wasn't that why they had come to the Lagoon? Had the peach lion tired od the abundant water already? Iofiel certainly was trying to get used to it. The sound of constantly moving water was something to keep him awake more than to put him to sleep. It was such a strange sound to him.

"I am certain you will be made Heir soon enough." How could he not? Haniel had the role in his blood. He knew already what it took to rule and lead. And the other had never been cruel so he would end up making a great leader some day. Certainly Fionn would see that and act upon it. Barony was just a starting point for Haniel, Iofiel knew in his hear that the smaller lion was destined for greater things. And he figured he was being told because Haniel felt bad for having falling so far from where he had been in their birth pride. He wanted to reassure his friend that he was only a starting point and not an end point.

Iofiel shouldn't have been surprised that he had become friends with the Oasis King but he was. It was stupid of him to be jealous. He didn't have a monopoly on Haniel's time and friendship. Besides, Fionn was a more fitting friend for Haniel. Haniel should only be associating with those of prestige anyways. This was good for him, Haniel was migrating back into the circles where he belonged.

Haniel continued on, inviting him to the Oasis and even made mention of trying to get him a rank. A smile twitched briefly across the pale lion's lips at the thought. He would follow Haniel anywhere, he really didn't have to be sold on the matter. "It would be somewhere that I am more used to." He knew desert plants well enough. He could survive there. The desert was familiarity. And with Haniel there it would almost be like old times again. "When is it that you wish to go?" The temperature in the desert wouldn't be so bad to go now, not too hot and wouldn't have hit freezing yet either as the the warmth wouldn't have been leeched out of the sand yet.

Iofiel typically wears a neutral expression and rarely shows emotion. He is soft spoken but has a deep voice when he speaks. He is especially shy and quiet around those he finds attractive.
Haniel Kader
At the mention of being made heir, he laughed heartily. “I sincerely doubt it, my friend.” He smiled at Iofiel, though, it was nice someone believed in the little man. But no, he wasn’t going to be heir. Or probably anything. Already falling out of favor with Fíonn for the very pretty Aarani. Whatever, at least they still got along. It wasn’t like he was meant to have very long relationships... or at least that’s how it seemed. “Besides, Fíonn has a daughter, when she comes of age, I presume she shall be heiress.” He shrugged, looking unbothered. He was, too. Highest he could hope for was maybe a noble. He would have to see.

Iofiel was silent for a long time, presumably thinking on Han’s offer further. That was okay, he actually quite liked it when the other gave his opinion but... he didn’t. Frustration prickled under his pelt. His stupid birth pride. His claws dug into the soil as his eyes grew distant. They’d made practically his only friend unable to meet his eye. To give his opinion. They’d made him think he was worthless. But he was someone to Haniel. He said nothing. Instead his claws sliding back in their place as he looked at Iofiel. “I’m not an heir anymore. Look at me.” He all but snapped at Iofiel, “you are my closest friend. You always will be. I don’t give a damn if you think you’re lower than me. But I’ll have you know I think of you as my equal.” One of the only lions he thought of in that way.

@Iofiel
code by corvus
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 12:41 PM by Iofiel.)
Prince of Law

"Do you really think he might give his daughter a position of power?" Iofiel had nothing at all against such a thing. He had served under two Queens while in the Ridge. It just didn't seem to be the most typical of things to have a female in a position of power. It was something that would certainly tell a lot about the lion that led the Oasis pride. He had met with Fionn briefly but not enough to get a true sense of the guy. One thing Iofiel did know what the the King appreciated the rain and rejoiced in it rather than being bothered by it. That made him a desert dweller at heart if he had never lived in such a place before. Only those that went without rain seemed able to appreciate just how important rain truly was.

Iofiel winced at the bite in Haniel's voice. He wasn't used to such displays from his friend and so he wasn't prepared to steel himself against it and not give up a reaction. "alzuruf la taghayur damk." To him Haniel would always be an heir, be a someone. But because it was a command he was forced to look up at Haniel, though it pained him to do so and showed in his gaze. He wasn't able to hold it for more than a breath before he was dropping his gaze again. "'ant almuhima. satakun dayimaan kadhalik." And the pale lion believed that Haniel would be important to more than just him. With his whole heart he believed that Haniel was destined for greatness.

@Haniel
*alzuruf la taghayur damk. = Circumstance does not change your blood.
*'ant almuhima. satakun dayimaan kadhalik. = You are important. You always will be.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 12:53 PM by Haniel.)
Haniel Kader
The topic of the Oasis was thrown away in his mind. But he simply stated, “yes.” Because why wouldn’t he? From what Haniel could tell, Sweet Pea was his only child. But perhaps he’d give one of Aarani’s kids a go if they became mates. No doubt she’d become a queen in time. But he was not going to be an heir. He didn’t deserve it, anyways. He’d gotten into the pride the way he’d been forced out of his last. His shameful, awful, flings with men. Destined to not stay with them for long, to be pulled away by this fate or the next.

He felt Iofiel’s eyes on his face and some of his anger and shame subsided. But the mannerisms were so drilled into him he couldn’t look upon him. Why can’t he see himself as I do? He took a deep breath. Before his voice was sharp again, but clearly not at Iofiel. “kadhbat. lm 'ughadir almunzila. tam 'iijbariun ealaa alkhuruj.”(1) Then it was his turn for his eyes to be cast shamefully to the ground. His rank had been stripped from him. Perhaps if he’d been a taller, heavier, more proper firstborn, he would have been able to stay. But he’d always seen the frustration in his father’s eyes. He’d been a runt of an heir. Haniel always wondered why he hadn’t been killed the day he was born.

“la yahimini baed alana. laqad tabara'at mini.” He took a seat and let out a sigh. No more lies. Well, even that was a lie. He still couldn’t say why he’d been cast out. No, what if Iofiel felt just as Haniel’s family and subjects had? He remembered the looks of disgust and the averted gaze of the noble’s son as he’d been forced to walk out. Publicly humiliated. At least, whatever Iofiel had done, he hadn’t had the eyes of all he’d grown up with judging him. He’d slipped out quietly.

(1: I lied. I didn’t leave home. I was forced out.)
(2: I’m not important anymore. I was disowned.)

@Iofiel
code by corvus
Prince of Law

There was another wince when Haniel admitted to being forced out. "'iinaha ghaltaty." How could it not be? Haniel had still somehow managed to get punished for something he did. After all he had been forced out so that he didn't corrupt Haniel. But perhaps they had worried that Haniel had been too close to him as a cub. Perhaps they had realized what a mistake it had been to let the princeling play among commoners. Still, he hated the thought that Haniel had gotten in trouble something that he had done.

There was another wince when Haniel admitted to being forced out. "qaluu 'iinani 'atharat ealayk bishakl sayi' wayajib 'an 'adhhab." Perhaps they assumed that Iofiel had made Haniel weak. After all Iofiel wasn't a fighter despite his size. Perhaps medicine wasn't and adequate hobby for someone meant to lead and rule. After all Haniel had gotten into plants because Iofiel had been the one to show them off, excited over each new find. Perhaps if he had never run off to Haniel with his plants then the other wouldn't be in this situation. Haniel would still be where he belonged.

"satakun dayimaan muhimun balnsbt li." Not that that was saying much since Iofiel wasn't anyone special. What the pale male thought didn't matter in the larger scheme of things. "hal tueid altafkir fi qararik bijawari mek?" Haniel had never been upset with him before. He wouldn't blame the smaller lion for not wanting him about now that he knew he was the cause behind the peach lion's banishment.

@Haniel
*'iinaha ghaltaty. = It is my fault.
*qaluu 'iinani 'atharat ealayk bishakl sayi' wayajib 'an 'adhhab. = They said I was a bad influence on you and had to go.
*satakun dayimaan muhimun balnsbt li. = You will always be important to me.
*hal tueid altafkir fi qararik bijawari mek? = Are you rethinking your decision to have me come with you?

Haniel Kader
He mentioned it was his fault, and Haniel’s brows pulled down in confusion. What the hell was he talking about? He’d been thrown out from his own actions. Not Iofiel’s. Then, at his omission of being forced out because he was a ‘bad influence’ on Haniel, his eyes widened. No, Iofiel being forced out was his fault. Haniel’s shoulder shook. Oh Gods it was all his fault. Iofiel could have had his own life if Haniel wouldn’t have gotten involved. “la , laqad kan khata'ay. 'iidha kan hunak 'ayu shay' , faqad kan li tathir sayi' ealik.”(1)

How had he not been? Iofiel was a sweet, focused kid. Shy and adorable. Haniel threw fits, got in scraps, and all sorts of other shit. How could Iofiel consider himself a bad influence on the heir? He’d been angry at the world from birth. Filled with fire and spite. If anything, Iofiel was the only one who kept him from making even worse choices. “ kunt alwahid aldhy jaealani eaqlana. law lm takun hunak eindama kunaa sgharana ... kunt sa'aqtal nafsi.”(2) Iofiel had instilled some smarts into him, however little. Some common sense.

At his last question, his eyebrow quirked. “ la , ma zilt 'uriduk maeia hunak.”(3) He longed for Iofiel’s presence each day they were apart, truly. It had been hard to be separated the first time, and now that they were back on the same lands? Well what would keep them apart. He certainly wanted Iofiel with him in Andal Oasis. But it was up to him. So the loud, tiny man shut up.

(1: No, if anything, I was a bad influence on YOU.)
(2: You were the only one who kept me sane. If you weren’t there when we were young... I would’ve gotten myself killed.)
(3: No, I still want you there with me.)
@Iofiel
code by corvus
Prince of Law

"'abda. la yumkinuk 'abadaan 'an yakun laha tathir si'." And to drive this point home Iofiel actually looked into Haniel's eyes and was able to meet his gaze for once, something he hadn't done since they were young cubs before all the lessons had started out. Sure, there had been other cubs to play with and Iofiel had run around with them but Haniel had always been his best friend. Haniel was the one that Iofiel had always sought out first. They had been near inseparable at one point, and then things changed. They got older and started learning their places in the pride. Still Haniel was whom Iofiel had sought out to share whatever he learned with. And then the advisor's son had learned of Iofiel's more than platonic interest in Haniel and that was when everything had shattered.

What Haniel had to say next had Iofiel shaking his head. "'ashuk fi dhalik." And then, with a small grin, Iofiel added to what he said. "ma kan li'ahad 'an yamas alwarith." It was as close to a joke as Iofiel got. But there was a ring of truth to it as well. No one would have sought to actively harm the Heir Apparent. That alone would have been a death sentence. So he didn't really see how Haniel would have gotten killed unless by some outside force. But that was all of them living in the desert. Tomorrow had never been a certainty there.

So even after his admission Haniel still wanted him around. This fact ended up causing Iofiel to smile. And then realizing he was still looking at Haniel he quickly dropped his gaze back to the ground. "hal taetaqid 'anah qad yakun min alwiqahat alsuwal eamma 'iidha kan bi'iimkanina 'akhadh bed hadhih al'ashya' mena?" A vague motion of Iofiel's head indicated the plants surrounding them. He hadn't figured out what most of it was or what it might be useful for and he wanted to try to figure it out. Of course it would be a lot of trial and error since plants didn't open up and tell you their secrets but maybe he could find something new to use. Perhaps, he could even transplant some things if allowed.

@Haniel
*'abda. la yumkinuk 'abadaan 'an yakun laha tathir si'. = Never. You could never be a bad influence.
*'ashuk fi dhalik. = I doubt that.
*ma kan li'ahad 'an yamas alwarith. = No one would have touched the Heir.
*hal taetaqid 'anah qad yakun min alwiqahat alsuwal eamma 'iidha kan bi'iimkanina 'akhadh bed hadhih al'ashya' mena? = Do you think it might be rude to ask if we can take some of this stuff with us?